How to make Galouti Kebab
About Galouti Kebab Recipe | Kabab Recipes: A delectable treat from the land of Nawabs, Lucknow. Galouti kebabs were invented by the Khansamas of Nawab Asad-ud-Daula for his love for different kebabs. Galouti literally translates to 'soft' which makes this Indian kebab recipe a melt in the mouth from the Awadhi table. These minced meat kebabs are made in true Nawabi-style and are usually served with 'ulte tawa ka parantha'.Try these delicious, aromatic and flavorsome galouti kebab recipe for the snacks platter at your next dinner party at home!
Ingredients of Galouti Kebab
- 600 gms meat (keema, minced)
- 1 cup raw papaya paste
- 1 cup ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp mace powder
- 3-4 kebab chini
- 3-4 pathar ke phool seeds
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 cinnamom stick
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 4 tbsp bengal gram flour, roasted
- to taste salt
- 3 tbsp oil/ghee (to fry the kebabs)
- For garnishing:
- 2-3 red chillies
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
How to Make Galouti Kebab
- 1.In a pan, dry roast few seeds of crushed kebab cheeni, pathar ke phool, 4 green cardamom, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tea spoon of coriander seeds, 1 tea spoon of cumin seeds, 1 tea spoon of fennel.
- 2.In a mortar and pestle, add these spices and grind them together.
- 3.Add the mince meat to the masala in the mortar and pestle and grind for 2 - 3 minutes.
- 4.Add 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste, 1 table spoon of raw papaya paste, 1 table spoon of ghee, 1 tea spoon of red chilly powder, salt and pound the keema for 30- 40 minutes.
- 5.Make elongated patties by making round balls and pressing it flat and rolling it and refrigerate the kebab for 1 hour.
- 6.Heat the ghee on a heavy-bottomed skillet (on a medium flame) and shallow fry the kababs till golden on both sides.
- 7.Cool on paper towels.
- 8.Garnish and serve hot in a serving plate.
- For garnishing:
- 1.In a pan, heat a table spoon of oil and add chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies.
- 2.Add butter and lime.
- 3.Spoon and garnish it on the serving plate along with the kebabs.
Read about more kebab recipes that you can prepare at home for a special occasion or dinner parties.
Key Ingredients: meat (keema, minced), raw papaya paste, ginger garlic paste, mace powder, kebab chini, pathar ke phool seeds, green cardamoms, cinnamom stick, coriander seeds, fennel, cumin seeds, red chilly powder, bengal gram flour, salt, oil/ghee (to fry the kebabs), red chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, lemon, butter