How to make Irish Winter Stew
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Irish Winter Stew Recipe: Juicy cubes of mutton tossed with potatoes and seasoned with carrots, springs onions. It's a rich and hearty Irish feast!
Ingredients of Irish Winter Stew
- 1/2 Kg Mutton (boneless)
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3-4 onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tsp cumin
- Thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Spring onions
- 1 bottle dark irish beer
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Salt & pepper
How to Make Irish Winter Stew
- 1.Cut the boneless mutton into pieces, season it well with salt and pepper and add some flour, mix well to dry the surface.
- 2.Then chop 3 potatoes in cubes.
- 3.Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan and then add the mutton pieces and shallow fry it.
- 4.Now add 2 onions thinly sliced and saute till they turn golden brown.
- 5.Add 3 tsp of cumin, a sprig of fresh thyme and a stick of cinnamon.
- 6.Season with salt and pepper and add 4 cloves of garlic, 3 potatoes and 2 carrots and fry them all together in the pan.
- 7.For extra flavor add 1 tsp of butter.
- 8.Pour 1 pint of dark beer to de-glaze. Bring the stew to a boil and then turn down the heat.
- 9.Cover the lid and let it simmer away until the lamb is tender and the vegetables are cooked.
- 10.Garnish it with some spring onions.
Key Ingredients: Mutton (boneless), potatoes, carrots, onions, olive oil, flour, butter, cumin, Thyme sprigs, garlic cloves, Spring onions, dark irish beer, Cinnamon stick, Salt & pepper