Kashmiri Khatte Baingan Recipe
Here's for you a brinjal recipe straight from Kashmir. Brinjals cooked in the mustard oil with kashmiri red chillies and varied spices.
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Kashmiri Khatte Baingan
- 3 Tbsp mustard oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds (zeera)
- 5 green cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 Tbsp kashmiri red chillies
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder (sookha dhaniya powder)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp dry ginger powder (saunth powder)
- 2 sliced onion
- 5 long brinjals
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- 1/2 lime
How to Make Kashmiri Khatte BainganHideShow Media
In a wok (kadai) add mustard oil, cinnamon, cumin seeds, green cardamoms, kashmiri red chilies, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and little salt. Mix them well together and add little water.
Add dry ginger powder and combine them together.
Add sliced onion and brinjals. Fry them well together.
Cover them and let the brinjals cook for 20 mintues.
Add the sliced tomatoes, fennel seeds and little water.
Let the tomatoes cook.
Sprinkle some coriander leaves and lime.
Serve the Kashmiri khatte baingan hot.