How to make Khus-Wala Matar
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Khus-Wala Matar Recipe: Tender peas tossed in seasoning and spices.
Ingredients of Khus-Wala Matar
- 2 Cups green peas (shelled)
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 2 tbsp green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Whole red chilli
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds, roasted
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
How to Make Khus-Wala Matar
- 1.Combine together the whole red chillies, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds and powder well. Put aside until further use.
- 2.Heat the clarified butter in a pan and add the green chillies.
- 3.When an aroma emanates, add the poppy seeds and sauté till slightly coloured.
- 4.Add the peas, followed by salt and sauté till the peas become tender.
- 5.Mix in the powdered ingredients, mango powder and asafoetida and serve.
Key Ingredients: green peas (shelled), clarified butter, green chillies, poppy seeds, salt, Whole red chilli, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry mango powder, asafoetida