About Malai Ghevar Recipe | Ghevar Recipe: Ghevar is a round shaped, delicious Rajasthani sweet, popularly made during the festive season of Teej and Raksha bandhan that falls during the auspicious month of Shravana or Sawan in August. Here's an easy way to make this disc-shaped dessert at home with dollops of malai over it.
Ingredients of Malai Ghevar
- 500 gms maida
- 150 gms ghee
- 1.5 litre water
- 1 litre milk
- 50 gms sugar
- 5 gms cardamom powder
- 1 gram saffron
- 50 gms fry fruits, chopped
- For sugar syrup:
- 500 gms sugar
- 250 ml water
- A pinch of saffron
- Ghee (for frying)
How to Make Malai Ghevar
- 1.Heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan and cool by adding ice, by this all the impurities are left behind and pure ghee gets accumulated on the surface.
- 2.Massage the ghee nicely till it is smooth and start incorporating the flour and water slowly till you get batter.
- 3.Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan ,place a circular mold and start pouring the batter in center, fry till it is golden brown.
- 4.Make sugar syrup by heating water and sugar till the sugar dissolves completely.
- 5.Add the fried Ghevar to the warm syrup and remove.
- 6.To make malai heat milk,sugar ,cardamom powder and saffron and reduce to half,cool till it thickens.
- 7.Top the malai on the ghevar and garnish with chopped nuts.
Key Ingredients: maida, ghee, water, milk, sugar, cardamom powder, saffron, fry fruits, sugar, water, saffron, Ghee (for frying)