How To Make Mutton Stew
About Mutton Stew Recipe: Mutton deep fried in spices and flour, served with beans, potatoes, carrots.
Ingredients of Mutton Stew
- 500 gms mutton (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup onions (cut coarsely)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, powdered
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup potatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup french beans (cut into 2-3 pieces each)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, grated
How to Make Mutton Stew
- 1.Heat the fat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and add the onions and stir-fry over medium heat, till transparent.
- 2.Increase the heat to high, add the meat and stir-fry for about 1 minute or till the meat pieces look opaque.
- 3.Lower the heat, add the flour and keep stirring till all the pieces are coated with flour.
- 4.Add the water, bring to a boil and then simmer till the meat is half done.
- 5.Add the beans, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 6.Continue to simmer till the meat is tender.
- 7.The vegetables should remain bite like. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: mutton (cut into cubes), onions (cut coarsely), butter, flour, salt, black pepper, water, carrots, potatoes (diced), french beans (cut into 2-3 pieces each), nutmeg