How to make Sesame Seed Pulao
About Sesame Seed Pulao Recipe: A rich nutty flavored pulao from the land of Nizams, Hyderabad. Full of flavours and spice, this pulao recipe has the goodness of sesame seeds, peanuts, cashew nuts along with the fiery red chilli and a delectable tempering of butter and cream. Perfect for a lunch menu.
Ingredients of Sesame Seed Pulao
- 2 Cups basmati rice
- 4-5 Red chillies
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- For tempering:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- For the rice:
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 1 cup uncooked urad dal
- A pinch of salt
How to Make Sesame Seed Pulao
- 1.Wash the rice with water until it stops becoming cloudy. Leave it to soak for a while.
- 2.Dry roast the red chillies in a pan. When they roast slightly add the sesame seeds.
- 3.Once they brown take them off heat and grind them. Keep aside.
- 4.Now once again heat the pan with oil. Add to that the peanuts and cashew nuts and fry them.
- 5.These would take a couple of minutes to turn brown and once they do take them out. Keep aside.
- For the tempering:
- 1.Heat some butter. Add cream. Mix well.
- 2.Add the fried nuts to this mix.
- 3.Let it cook for a minute or two and then pour it out in a bowl. Pour this over the rice once it is cooked.
- For the rice:
- 1.For the rice you can use a flat bottomed pan or a lagan.
- 2.Heat some desi ghee. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and urad dal.
- 3.Mix well.
- 4.Once the urad dal turns nice and golden add the ground sesame seeds and red chillies to it.
- 5.Mix well. Add some water (2 cups or more).
- 6.As soon as the water starts boiling put in the rice.
- 7.Stir gently. Add a pinch of salt.
- 8.Let it cook on low heat. Till the water evaporates and the rice is cooked through.
- 9.When the rice is almost done put in the nut and cream mixture that you made a while back for tempering.
- 10.Mix well. Now cover it with foil paper and let it cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- 11.Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: basmati rice, Red chillies, sesame seeds, peanuts, cashew nuts, Oil, butter, cream, For the rice:, desi ghee, mustard seeds, Curry leaves, uncooked urad dal, salt