How To Make Shahi Paneer
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Shahi Paneer Recipe: Soft cottage cheese pieces served in thick tomato gravy. This shahi paneer recipe is perfect for a dinner party and would leave your guests craving for more.
Ingredients of Shahi Paneer
- 3 Cups paneer (cubed)
- 30 gram melon seeds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, grated
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 Green chillies (slit)
- 3/4 cup water
How to Make Shahi Paneer
- 1.Soak the melon seeds in water and grind to a paste.
- 2.Heat butter in a heavy-based pan and add cumin seeds.
- 3.When the seeds begin to splutter, add ginger and brown very slightly.
- 4.Add tomatoes and saute over medium flame, till the oil separates.
- 5.Add the melon paste, turmeric, coriander, salt, chilli powder and garam masala and sauté over low or medium flame, till the oil separates once again.
- 6.Add green chillies along with 2 cubes of crushed paneer and saute till the green chillies start looking glossy.
- 7.Mix in water and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- 8.Add paneer cubes, simmer for about 2 minutes and serve hot, garnished with coriander.
Key Ingredients: paneer (cubed), melon seeds, butter, black cumin seeds, ginger, tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, Green chillies (slit), water