Kale Channe Rasedaar
Lentils cooked in a tomato gravy goes best with hot puris or steamed rice. A simple and scrumptious meal.
- 2 cups kale channe
- 2 cups grated onions
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups grated tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp coriander seeds - powdered
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves - for garnish
- Cook channas till tender but bite like.
- Strain and keep the liquid and the channa separate.
- Heat oil and add cumin and bayleaves.
- When the cumin splutters, add onions, garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry till onions are well fried and fat separates.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry till fat separates once again.
- Add salt, turmeric, coriander and chilli powder and turn around a till well mixed.
- Add the channas and green chillies and turn around a few times over high heat.
- Measure the liquid, make it upto four cups with water and add to the beans and bring to a boil and then simmer, till the gravy is well blended, and not watery.
Key Ingredients: Chickpeas
, garam masala
, bay leaf
, cumin seeds
, coriander powder
, red chilli
, green chillies
, vegetable oil
, coriander leaves