Disclaimer:The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.
Handy Tips To Keep Skin Healthy This Summer
During this time of the year, it is of utmost importance to take proper care of your skin as excessive sweating may lead to a host of skin problems. Apart from causing acne and rashes, the scorching heat has the tendency to damage the skin cells to a great extent.
- It is of utmost importance to take care of your skin during summers
- Excessive sweating may lead to a host of skin problems
- From causing acne and rashes, the scorching heat can damage skin cells
It's that time of the year again! Come summers, temperatures begin to soar high. The joy of gorging on ice creams in hot and sultry days of summer is above all! During this time of the year, it is of utmost importance to take proper care of your skin as excessive sweating may lead to a host of skin problems. Apart from causing acne and rashes, the scorching heat has the tendency to damage the skin cells to a great extent. Fret not, we've got you covered. Here we have got you a list of few dos and don'ts that you must follow in order to have a nourished skin this summer! Have a look at them:1. Don't Rub Too Hard On Your Skin: Exfoliating is an essential part of the skin care regime as it helps in removing the dead cells from the skin. However, make sure you are not rubbing your skin too hard while exfoliating as it can damage and irritate the layers on your skin. Be gentle on your face and use cotton to pat dry it. Exfoliate twice a week to keep your skin glowing.(Also Read: 8 Ayurvedic Tips To Keep Cool In Summer; Stay Healthy! )
2. Avoid Oily Food: When it comes to maintaining a healthy skin, oily food can make or break the deal. Having oily or fried food in summers could be extremely bad for your skin as it may trigger acne breakouts that can further lead to stubborn pigmentation spots.
3. Avoid Caffeine Or Sugary Drinks:During summers, it is essential to keep your body hydrated. However, it is important to hydrate it with water instead of going for caffeine-based and sugary drinks as they can cause more harm than good to your body.(Aslo Read: How to Make a Refreshing Melon Shake + Tips to Give Your Regular Shakes An Overhaul )
4. Avoid Wearing Synthetic Clothes:To avoid excessive sweating, make sure that you're not wearing synthetic clothes. Instead, opt for cotton clothes as they will allow air to pass through which will further prevent sweating, rashes and itchiness on the skin.(Also Read: 4 Most Effective Home Remedies for Sunburn )
So bring these handy tips to your rescue and start practicing them right away!
For the latest food news, health tips and recipes, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and YouTube.