Introducing: cauliflower rice. It couldn't be simpler! Literally, all you need to do is throw cauliflower in a food processor and blend until you get a rice-looking consistency. In 100g of white rice there are 365 kcal, 8g of protein, 1.5g of fat and around 77g of carbs (1 of which fibre). And in 100g of cauliflower rice there are 38 kcals, 3.6g of protein, 0.9g of fat and just 3g of carbs (1.8g of fibre too). Fantastic, isn't it?
You can spruce it up with a few extra herbs and spices to take this healthy alternative to a whole new level. Play around with flavours, and you'll be surprised by the number of combinations you come up with. This will seriously blow your mind, zero exaggeration. It's light and fluffy, and quick and easy to make too.Talk about a food crush!
Don't wait a second more and scroll down for a delicious version of cauliflower rice with lemon, coriander and chillies for added flavour.
1 cauliflower head (around 700g with leaves removed)
1 large bunch of coriander (30g)
1/2 a lemon
A large pinch of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make your cauliflower rice, remove all the outer leaves from your cauliflower, roughly chop into chunks and then throw in a food processor.
2. Blend for around 30 seconds or until your cauliflower has been broken down into a rice-like consistency. Note: Do not over blend or you will end up with a puree.
3. Add the rice into a large frying pan, then roughly chop the coriander and add it along with some salt, pepper, chilli flakes (or fresh chilli) and finally add a splash of lemon juice.
4. To cook, dry fry the cauliflower for around 5 minutes until most of the moisture has been dried out and parts have begun to brown.
5. You can serve this with any meal (as you would ordinary rice) or throw in some extra greens and eat by itself.Powered by BodyPowerDisclaimer:The opinions expressed within this article are the opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.