How To Make Arhar Ki Dal
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Arhar ki Dal Recipe: The classic yellow lentils, simple yet intense. Pair this comforting dal with rice or roti for a wholesome meal.
Ingredients of Arhar ki Dal
- 1 Cup yellow lentils
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 raw mango or amchoor powder
- For the Tadka:
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp green chillies, chopped
How to Make Arhar ki Dal
- 1.Boil dal in about 4 cups of water, along with turmeric, salt, sugar and ginger.
- 2.Cook till tender and well blended.
- 3.Add amchoor and simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
- 4.Heat the clarified butter in a heavy-based pan; add the asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- 5.When they begin to splutter, add dal mixture, bring to a boil and leave to simmer for about 1 minute.
- 6.Garnish with green chillies, serve hot.
Key Ingredients: yellow lentils, turmeric powder, salt, sugar, ginger, raw mango or amchoor powder, cumin seeds, A pinch of asafoetida, clarified butter, green chillies