How to make Microwave Baingan Ka Bharta
Smoked brinjals and masalas cooked in a microwave.
Ingredients of Microwave Baingan Ka Bharta
- 2 Large Baingans
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1-1/2 Cup Onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Green chillies, julienne
- 1/2 Cups Water (approx)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 Cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- To garnish Coriander leaves
How to Make Microwave Baingan Ka Bharta
- 1.Singe the baingans rotating over a direct flame or under a grill till a light brown (approx. for 5 minutes). This gives it a smoky flavor.
- 2.Prick in a few places all around and cook covered at HI for 10 minutes.
- 3.When cool enough to handle peel off the skin, mash the flesh and keep aside.
- 4.Place oil and cumin in a dish and cook covered at HI for 2 minutes.
- 5.Mix in 1 cup of the onions and cook covered at HI for 8-10 minutes, turning once, till brown.
- 6.Add the green chillies and the remaining onions with a cup of water.
- 7.Cover and cook at HI for 5 minutes, till excess liquid dries up and the onions get tender. Mix in the chilli powder, salt, tomatoes and pureed tomatoes.
- 8.Cook covered at HI for 15 minutes, till the extra moisture dries up.
- 9.Add the baingan, mix well and cook covered at HI for 5 minutes.
- 10.Mix in the garam masala and cook covered at HI for 2 minutes and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: Baingans, Oil, Cumin seeds, Onions, Green chillies, Water (approx), Kashmiri chilli powder, Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Garam masala, Coriander leaves