How to make Chicken Korma
About Chicken Korma Recipe | Mughlai Chicken Korma Recipe: Subbalakshmi Khan, a professional dancer cooks up a mughlai chicken korma with generous amounts of spices and Indian flavors. Korma is a gravy dish that is usually made with yogurt, lots of nuts and spices. A Mughal era original, Chicken Korma is the perfect dinner party dish that is easy, quick and a no fuss recipe.Ingredients of Chicken Korma Recipe
: Chicken cooked in a host of spices such as cardamom, cloves, garlic, coriander, chili powder, ginger paste along with a mixture of fried onions and yogurt. Flavoured with saffron, this chicken korma is the perfect dinner dish to cook tonight.
Ingredients of Chicken Korma
- 1/2 Kg chicken
- 1 cup oil
- 2-3 tsp ghee
- 8-10 Cardamoms
- 6-7 Cloves
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chili
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 onions (fried, puree this with the yogurt), sliced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Few strands of saffron (mixed in 3 tsp of water)
- for garnishing coriander leaves, chopped
How to Make Chicken Korma
- 1.Heat the vegetable oil into the pan, then put a dollop of ghee.
- 2.Put cardamom, cloves, garlic and fry the mix properly.
- 3.Then add the chicken and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- 4.Keep stirring it.
- 5.Once it becomes brown, add coriander and chili powder.
- 6.Add salt to taste.
- 7.Add ginger paste, mixture of fried onions and yogurt, let it cook for a minute.
- 8.Then put garam masala and saffron for flavor.
- 9.If the gravy is too thick add little bit of water before covering it. The masala should fuse well with the chicken.
- 10.Cover it and give it some time to cook on slow fire. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- 11.Keep stirring occasionally.
- 12.Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Calories: 615.37 Kcal 0Calcium: 154.62 MgIron: 1.81 MgSodium: 1863.96 Mg
chicken, oil, ghee, Cardamoms, Cloves
, garlic, coriander powder, chili, salt, ginger paste, yogurt, onions (fried, puree this with the yogurt), garam masala, Few strands of saffron (mixed in 3 tsp of water), coriander leaves