How to make Galouti Kebab
About Galouti Kebab Recipe | Kebab Recipes: Galouti Kebab are non-veg kebabs that were invented in the city of Nawabs, Lucknow by the Khansamas of Nawab Asad-ud-Daula for his love for different kebabs. Galouti literally translates to 'soft' and that makes this Indian kebab recipe a melt in the mouth from the Awadhi table. Try this aromatic and flavorsome galouti kebab recipe for the snacks platter at your next dinner party at home!Ingredients of Galouti Kebab Recipe | Kebab Recipes
: It is said that during the time of inventing, over 150 exotic spices were used to create this gluttony genius. In this delectable kebab recipe, we have used a host of different spices to recreate the authentic awadhi magic. The minced meat is marinated in a ground spice powder and then deep fried mixed in the batter of gram flour, egg and green chillies. Served with a tang of lime and coriander leaves! It is best enjoyed with mint chutney.
Ingredients of Galouti Kebab
- 1/2 Kg Meat (minced)
- Grind together:
- 75-100 gram Raw papaya, chopped
- to taste Salt
- 1 tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 8 Cloves
- 2 seeds Black cardamoms
- 2 tsp Poppy seeds (dry ground), roasted
- 4 Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon pieces
- 2 tbsp Dessicated coconut, roasted
- 2 blades Mace
- 5 Green cardamoms
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, grated
- For the kebabs:
- 1 cup Onions (fried brown and crisp in 1/2 cup ghee), sliced
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Gram flour, roasted
- 1 Egg
- To pan fry the kebabs Ghee
- To sprinkle over the kebabs Lemon juice
How to Make Galouti Kebab
- 1.Marinate the minced meat in the ground ingredients for 4-5 hours.
- 2.Mix together the coriander leaves, green chillies, gram flour and egg.
- 3.Add to the meat and work at it for some time, almost kneading it like a dough.
- 4.Shape mixture into round patties of desired size, and refrigerate for half an hour or so.
- 5.Heat the ghee in a heavy-based frying pan or griddle.
- 6.Fry the kebabs, browning first one side and then the other, over medium heat.
- 7.Arrange them on a serving dish, sprinkle lemon juice and serve.
Key Ingredients: Meat (minced), Raw papaya, Salt, Ginger, Garlic, Cloves, Black cardamoms, Poppy seeds (dry ground), Peppercorns, Cinnamon pieces, Dessicated coconut, Mace, Green cardamoms, Chilli powder, Nutmeg, Onions (fried brown and crisp in 1/2 cup ghee), Coriander leaves, Green chillies, Gram flour, Egg, Ghee, Lemon juice