Perfectly shaped eyebrows highlight one's face and personality
Now thicker eyebrows are back in trend
Here are the top 10 ways to grow thick eyebrows naturally
Perfectly shaped eyebrows highlight one's face and personality. We all are aware of how bold eyebrows have become a rage, and yet not too long back, pencil-thin eyebrows dominated the style industry.
Now thicker eyebrows are back in trend. In fact, you can see women sporting them on the silver screens and fashion runways. Eyebrows are one of the most noticeable parts of one's face, the thicker they are, more beautiful you look.
But not all of us can lay a natural claim to thick eyebrows. Some of us have sparse and scanty eyebrows, and we are always scouting for remedies to make them thicker. Though there isn’t a magic tip to bring back your eyebrow hair overnight, but there are certain things that can enhance the process. And for this, nothing can work better than natural remedies.
Here are the top 10 ways to grow thick eyebrows naturally:
1. Castor oil This is an old and one of the most effective remedies for getting thicker eyebrows. Since it is enriched with proteins, fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins, it helps in nourishing your hair follicles. Make sure that you apply castor oil every day on your eyebrow roots, it promotes hair growth and also ensures that each hair strand is thick and strong.
Method: Massage a few drops of castor oil into your eyebrows with your fingertips. Keep it on for 30 minutes, wipe with a makeup remover, and wash your face with warm water.
Note: Pure castor oil may cause irritation, hives, and rashes if you are allergic to it. Make sure that you perform a patch test before using it. Black castor oil is excellent for growing hair naturally.
2. Coconut oil Coconut oil works as a conditioner as well as a moisturizer and is great for improving blood circulation. The fatty acids found in coconut oil work with the natural proteins found in hair to protect it from breaking The lauric acid present in it acts as an antimicrobial agent, preventing infection of hair follicles. The various proteins as well as nutrients like vitamin E and iron in coconut oil promote healthy and thick eyebrows. You can apply coconut oil on your eyebrows every day, but using it even a few times a week can have noticeable results.
Method: Dip a cotton swab in the oil and apply on your eyebrows. Keep it on overnight. Rinse with a face wash in the morning.
3. Olive Oil Olive oil contains vitamins A and E, which help in the growth of hair. Vitamin E nourishes each hair strand while vitamin A stimulates the production of sebum, our body’s natural oil, which helps with hair growth. This can be done at least once a day in order to see results in a matter of weeks.
Method: Pour a drop of olive oil on your fingertip and massage it on your eyebrows. Keep it on for a couple of hours and wash it off with face wash and water.
4. Onion Juice Onion juice contains lots of sulfur, selenium, minerals, B vitamins and C vitamins which are very good for hair growth. This aids faster and denser growth of eyebrow hair. Sulfur improves the production of collagen tissues required for proper eyebrow growth. Also, it strengthens the hair follicles. As onion has a pungent smell, it is best to use lemon juice to remove all traces of the smell. Apply onion juice to your eyebrows every alternate day.
Method: Chop the onion, put the pieces in a blender and make a paste. Strain this to get the juice. Using a Q-tip, apply the juice on your eyebrows. Keep it on for an hour. Wipe off with a cotton ball soaked in diluted lemon juice.
5. Egg Yolk The hair of the eyebrows are made up of keratin protein, and egg is a great source of protein. Keratin is a major ingredient in most hair growth supplements. Egg yolks are also a rich source of biotin, which helps your brows grow. You will get a faster growth rate if you use this treatment twice a week.
Method: Separate the egg yolk from the white. Beat the yolk till the consistency is smooth. Apply to your eyebrows using a Q-tip or a brush. Keep it on for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Note: Egg yolk may clog pores and lead to acne. Use sparingly.
6. Fenugreek Seeds Also known as methi seeds in Hindi, fenugreek is known to make hair look healthy and shiny. These seeds help in rebuilding hair follicles thus causing fresh hair growth; they contain nicotinic acid as well as proteins that stimulate hair growth. Lecithin found in them imparts shine to your hair and also allows your tresses to retain their natural colour. Fenugreek works efficiently in treating problems related to sensitive scalp. This pack should be used twice a week for effective results.
Method: Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind into a fine paste and apply to your eyebrows. Keep it on for 30-45 minutes and rinse with warm water.
7. Petroleum Jelly Petroleum jelly conditions and retains moisture in your brows. The petrolatum compound prevents moisture from escaping, and therefore keeps the skin moisturized. This goes a long way in helping your brows grow out long and fuller. Repeat this every night until you have achieved the desired thick eyebrows.
Method: Apply the petroleum jelly on the eyebrows and leave it on overnight. Do not apply too much as it may stain your pillowcase. Rinse with tepid water in the morning.
Note: Petroleum jelly is high in oil content. If you have acne-prone skin, it is not advised to use this home remedy to get thicker eyebrows.
8. Aloe Vera Aloe Vera contains a compound named aloenin that promotes hair growth. it has a chemical makeup similar to that of keratin, hence it rejuvenates hair with its own nutrients, giving it more elasticity and preventing breakage. Aloe Vera gel is non-sticky and gets absorbed fast, so it can be applied several times a day.
Aloe Vera is also good for people with excess sebum. It will get rid of too much oil and open up follicular pores, thus encouraging eyebrow hair growth. It is effective for growing thick or voluminous brows permanently.
Method: Peel off the outer leaf of the aloe and scoop the gel out. Massage the gel into your eyebrows till it gets absorbed. Store the rest in the refrigerator.
9. Lemon Since lemons are rich in vitamin-B, vitamin-C, folic acid and other vital nutrients, they make your eyebrow hair grow much faster than any other ingredient. It is normal for your skin to burn a little when applying lemons, however, if the irritation persists, skip this and use some other remedy. Avoid trying this remedy if you happen to have sensitive skin.
Method: Rub a piece of lemon onto your eyebrows. Allow it to be there for 20 minutes and then wash off with warm water. You can even put the lemon peels into ¼-cup pure coconut oil. Let the mixture sit for 15 days at least. Once ready, you can apply this onto your brows using cotton every night prior to sleeping. Wash off the next morning.
Note: Do not expose your brows to sunlight for two hours after applying this remedy, as it can lighten its natural color.
10. Milk Milk naturally has lot of goodness, which is exactly why this is been used in different skincare products, it contains two vital proteins known as casein and whey. These two trigger and stimulate the growth of healthy hair. Doing this on a daily basis will give you the desired results.
Method: Soak the cotton ball in the milk. Gently massage your eyebrows with the cotton. Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash with water.
Tips to keep in mind:
1. Eat Biotin rich and healthy foods Biotin is a vitamin that helps hair growth. You should eat eggs, avocados, salmon and peanuts for a natural treatment of hair loss.
2. Use eyebrow and eyelash serum Brow serum is a product that is made to stimulate growth of hair follicles above the eye. Some of the best serums contain peptides as ingredients that make hair grow quickly.
3. Avoid wearing makeup Aggressive face makeup can slow down the growth of your eyebrows.
4. Avoid applying lotions and creams Lotions and creams clog hair follicles. This prevents the natural breathing process of hair and prevents your eyebrows from growing out long and healthy.
5. Massage your eyebrows Massage your eyebrows regularly. Massage therapy improves blood circulation around the eyebrow area. This further improves the supply of nutrients.
6. Comb to stimulate hair growth Brushing hair has its own benefits. Brushing hair helps in stimulating the blood capillaries, thereby increasing the blood circulation and transportation of nutrients and oxygen to the stem, root and bulb of the hair.
7. Drink Water Water is good for your overall health. It helps remove all the toxic substance from your body through urine. Start drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. This will enhance your body system and improve hair growth.
8. Include vitamins B and D This is important as it affects your internal organs and your physical appearance. Eat foods rich in vitamins B and D to improve hair growth. It will help you grow strong eyelashes and eyebrows that will be able to combat the harmful effects of chemical-based products like mascara and eyeliner.
10. Avoid over-plucking Plucking & waxing your eyebrows damages its hair follicle eternally, preventing hair from growing back ever, therefore it's suggested that one refrains from over- plucking.