Healthy Tips For Fasting During NavratriHere are some expert tips to remain healthy while you fast -
1. It is better to eat small meals instead of starving yourself. The frequent meals help maintain blood glucose levels and ensure you are fuelled up to go through the day.
2. Unless you are doing a 'nirjal vrat' (fast where you don't even have water), keep yourself hydrated. It is recommended that you consume lots of water. Other fluids like coconut water, green tea, buttermilk and lemon water are also great.
3. Though a lot ofvrat recipes involve frying, try to bake, roast or grill vegetables to make your meal healthier.
5. Amaranth is a fantastic source of protein that you can include in your menu during fasting. You can whip up an amaranth porridge with milk or even stir it up as savoury daliya with lots of vegetables.
7. Samak rice is easy on your digestive system and you can enjoy it with your favourite sabzi like aam ki sabzi.
8. Got a sweet tooth? Those sugar cravings can be curbed by indulging in fruits, raita, dates, apple kheer or samak rice kheer.
9. Mid-day munchies can keep those hunger pangs at bay. However, stay clear of those namkeen packets as they are high in salt and fat content. You can instead opt for roasted makhana (fox nuts), or a handful of assorted nuts (almonds/raisins/walnut).