Are you among those who stay alone? If yes, then you can easily relate to the struggle of managing home and work single-handedly. And if we talk about the recent time, this struggle has increased due to lockdowns and isolation. Due to coronavirus threats, most of you are working from home and also doing the household chores (as the house-helps are also not coming for work). Amidst all these, cooking becomes a real struggle. Hence we bring you some easy recipe ideas which can not only be prepared quickly, but can spruce up your regular meals:
Here Are 5 Easy Recipe Ideas For You To Make Every Meal Interesting-
1. Keema Egg Roulade: Egg is always a saviour for every person, for every meal. This food item, filled with nutrition, has the ability to turn into various kinds of dishes. One such dish is 'keema-egg roulade'. All you need to do is make a spicy chicken/soya keema and a fluffy triple-egg omelette (add some milk while you whisk to get the fluff). Cut the omelette into thin strips and add keema and cheese fillings and make a roll. This roulade can make a whole-some meal by itself.
2. Pizza Paratha: Pizza is a very popular dish among every bachelor, who lives alone. Imagine those days you don't like cooking meal! What do you do? The most common answer is- ordering a pizza. How about making a pizza at home, that too on regular tawa! Now on, use your left-over parathas to make cheesy pizza. Click here for the recipe of delicious cheesy pizza paratha.
3. Restaurant-Style Fried Rice: There are several times when you have some left-over rice from the last meal. What do you do with that? You spice it up! All you need to do is, add some vegetables, spices, sauces and give a stir and turn it into restaurant-style fried rice. Click here for the recipe.
4. No-Bake Pudding: This no-bake pudding is an ultimate solution to the ultimately cravings for something sweet. All you need to make this pudding are - milk, sugar, agar agar/china grass, condensed milk, water, vanilla essence and cherries. Click here for the recipe.
5. Roti Taco: Going creative with your left-over food can be the easiest option to consume the food and not feel bored with it. Roti taco can be an option for you. It requires only a handful of left-over rotis, some veggies, cheese, sauce and herbs. Click here for the recipe.
How can you do without the basics? Here are some easy and quick options that you must know if you are staying alone.
Here Are 5 Easy and Comforting Food Recipes For You-
1. Sandwich: It is a go to meal for any person at any given point of time. This quick, easy to make to make wholesome food need very less time and ingredients for preparation. All you need are breads, filling, some veggies and spread of your choice. The best part is, you can go as creative as you want with sandwich. Click here to get full-proof tips to make a perfect sandwich.
2. Fruit Salad: No one can deny the benefits of fruits. From weight loss to promote good metabolism- fruits are beneficial to health in several ways. Hence consumption of fruits, especially the seasonal ones, is always advised to people since childhood. Hence a bowl of fruit chaat/salad can always work for you. The easiest way to make a fruit chaat is- cut the fruits, sprinkle some lemon juice and chaat masala and consume. It is both tasty and quick and easy to prepare. Click here for some more tips on how to make your fruit salad deliciously healthy.
3. Dal-Chawal: It is the comfort food for every Indian, of any age he/she be. Every person should know the basic preparation of dal-chawal. This dish is not only nutritious, but also very easy to make. On that note, dal- be it masoor, moong, arhar or anything- is rich in protein, vitamins and several minerals. On the other hand, rice, staple in Indian cuisine, is a rich source of carbs, minerals and vitamins. All these make the platter wholesome and filling for all. Click here for 13 best dal recipes.
4. Smoothies- If you are running late and have no time to cook, smoothies come to resort. A glass of smoothie or a smoothie bowl can always make up to a wholesome food with all the nutrition a body needs. The best part is, you can go as creative as you want with a smoothie bowl. Click here for 3 delightful smoothie bowl recipes for an 'insta-worthy' nutritious meal.
5. Khichdi- This is the ultimate meal for any bachelor who struggles to maintain the work-life balance. Imagine a day when you have loads of office work, but also have to cook your own meal. Khichdi is the best option for such times. All you need to do is- add all the veggies, dal, chawal and masala of your choice in a pressure cooker and cook. It hardly takes 10 minutes to cook a khichdi. You can also replace the rice with dalia or oats, if you want to avoid consuming rice. In such way, you not only get a quick, easy and comforting meal, but also all the needed nutrition for your body. Click here to know how you can make your regular khichdi 'masaledaar'.
Now store the groceries at home and make quick meals for yourself in-between work.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.