When you can't make it to the coast, we bring the coast to you with our 10 best grilled fish recipes.
Fish Recipes- Fish is one of the healthiest and most delicious foods you can prepare for yourself. But we admit - grilling fish can be slightly tricky. Just like Chef Gordon Ramsay rightly said, “Cooking fish is so much more difficult than cooking protein meats, because there are no temperatures involved in cooking a stunning sea bass or a scallop.” That's why we're here to help. If you love grilled fish but are apprehensive about tossing it on the grill, we're going to make it easy for you.
Tips and Tricks to Grill The Fish Perfectly
Here are 5 quick tips that will make you an expert in no time!
How to Grill Fish: 5 Dos and Don'ts
1. Direct heat method is preferred since fish tends to cook quickly. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side over medium to medium‑high heat.
2. Want to prevent fish from sticking to the grill? Clean properly. Preheat the grill on high heat, and use a grill brush to clean properly. Also, always coat fish with oil to prevent sticking.
3. Remember: Fish is perfectly done when the colour turns from translucent to opaque with crispy skin. It should slide right off the grates. If not: leave it skin-side down for another minute or two.
4. For quality presentation, grill the first side of the fish a little longer than the second. It gives the fish nice sear marks plus, it prevents the fish from sticking to the grill. It's a win win!
5. Mix up Your Marinade: The basic formula is a combination of oil, acid and aromatics. Experiment with different vinegars and citrus juices and aromatics like garlic, fennel and chillies. Also, since fish is a very delicate meat, marinate it carefully. Instead of marinating the fish before it goes on the grill, you can grill it first then take it off the heat and marinate to deliver flavour without compromising on the texture.
Now that you've aced the basics, cook up a storm in your kitchen with our 11 best grilled fish recipes, showcasing a slight twist and a subtle kick. We promise, you and your family will love them!
1. Grilled Citrus Fish
This grilled fish is sure to impress at any dinner party, bursting with citrus-y flavours and a whole lot of zest. Jazz it up with orange juice, lemon juice, a handful of rocket leaves and you're good to go! So flavourful, so healthy.
Citrus Fish is the amazing combination of orange and lemon zest.
2. White Fish on Popiote
Make this scrumptiously simple grilled fish in a flash! In this mind blowing recipe, the fillet of fish is first wrapped in foil or paper and then cooked. A tangy, delicious fish to soak up in the winter season!
3. Grilled Fish with White Sauce
If you're an amateur cook, this grilled fish recipe is just the ticket for you. Fuss-free and divine, all you have to do is spruce up the fish with a delectable sauce made with milk, black pepper, lemon juice and butter, of course.
4. Grilled Fish South-East Asian Dressing
It's true, we've got you Mamagoto's all-star grilled fish recipe. And the best part - it just takes 25 minutes! Relish this tangy dish flavoured with sesame oil and topped off with fresh red chillies and coriander.
5. Tandoori Pomfret
This recipe is a weeknight dinner superstar. Melt-in-your-mouth pomfret doused in lemon juice and flavoured with yogurt, mustard, red chilli powder and an assortment of masalas. Grill till golden and crisp.
6. Fish Kebabs with Sauce and Brown Rice
Served with a small portion of brown rice, a tangy sauce made with onion, coriander, cumin and a kick of garlic - you'll have everyone reaching for another. Kebabs always do the trick, wouldn't you agree?
7. Sesame and Coriander Crusted Basa
You're off the hook for dinner tonight, thanks to this yummy recipe straight from the kitchen of Raasta. This juicy fish fillet is perfect for any day, perked up with herbs and grilled to perfection.
8. Grilled Surmai Steak
The aromas released while cooking this dish will have everyone smacking their lips in anticipation. Grilled fish kebabs featuring a beautiful marinade of fresh coriander, tamarind and cumin. Spruce it up with potatoes and voila!
9. Sea Bass Burger with Wasabi Mayo
Fishing for an alternative? Consider it caught. This fish fillet burger will put your favourite burger joint to shame. Coated with breadcrumbs, the zing of wasabi mayo is hard to resist. Top it up with rocket leaves and enjoy. Watch here.
10. Konkani Grilled Fish
Coated with konkani masala and a hint of cinnamon, you will just love this recipe. For that fresh, clean finish, add a touch of dill. This coconut-y grilled fish is special enough for a dinner party, yet simple and fuss-free for any night of the week.
11. Breakfast Fish Cakes
Char-grilled fish chunks paired with shallow fried patties. These fish cakes are flavourful and full of spices.
Now cook these grilled fish this winter season and relish with friends and family.