Recipe of Badam Halwa and Barfis
A light and easy halwa recipe with the goodness of almonds.
- 125 gm soaked, blanched and ground almonds
- 75 gm poppy seeds soaked in milk
- 1 liter milk
- 125 gm khoya
- 200 gm sugar
- 200 gm ghee
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- 4 green cardamoms
How to Make Badam Halwa and Barfis
- Strain and grind the poppy seeds.
- Combine with almonds, cardamom and milk, blend until smooth.
- Cook on a slow flame.
- Once the mixture thickens add khoya, sugar and saffron.
- Thicken the mixture further.
- Add the ghee and continue cooking until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot as halwa.
To make Barfi:
- Set in a lightly oiled tray. Cut into desired shape and decorate with silver leaf.