Recipe Servings: 5
A crispy and crunchy baklava made with sheets of filo pastry brushed with butter and filled with pistachios. Baked golden and soaked in a rose flavored sugar syrup.
Ingredients of Baklava
- 500 gms filo pastry
- 175 gms butter
- 500 gms pistachios(finely grounded)
- 200 gms sugar
- 150 ml water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp rose water
How to Make Baklava
- Brush a shallow baking tin with butter and layer it with filo pastry sheet.
- Brush each layer with butter and repeat the same for the next 8 sheets of filo pastry in it.
- After layering the 8th filo sheet, sprinkle grounded pistachios. Now repeat step 1 again for the next lot of 8 filo sheets.
- Cut out extra pastry sheets from the tin corners to avoid burning.
- Cut the pastry diagonally into squares.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 150 C.
- For the sugar syrup, take sugar in a pan, add water, lemon juice and rose water. Bring it to a boil. Let it cook on low simmer for another 2 minutes and keep it aside to cool.
- To Serve: Pour the sugar syrup over the baklava.