Recipe of Charred Corn, Broccoli and Plum Salad
Recipe Servings: 4
Seasoned corn and broccoli is grilled, mixed in with plums and feta cheese, served with a luscious Tagine spice mix dressing.
- 1 plum (sliced or cubed)
- 1 corn on the cob
- Cracked black pepper to season
- 1 head broccoli
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp zaatar
- 1 tsp olive oil for basting
- 2-3 Tbsp feta cheese
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tsp tagine spice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Few mint leaves
How to Make Charred Corn, Broccoli and Plum Salad
- In a tray put the corn and broccoli and mix with some salt, olive oil and char grill.
- Baste the broccoli and corn with dressing of sumac, zaatar and olive oil.
- Remove the grilled corn and broccoli and put in a bowl along with the plums.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the salad.
For the dressing:
- For the Tagine spice mix:
- In a mixer add ginger powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted cinnamon, cumin and coriander seeds.
- Grind into a powder.
- Blend this spice mix along with the orange juice, extra virgin olive oil and brown sugar.
- Give it a nice whisk.
- Pour dressing on the salad.
- Add a few mint leaves to garnish and serve.