Recipe Servings: 4
Chicken 65 is said to have originated in Madras (Chennai). It is spicy and fried, with the flavors of ginger, garlic and chillies.
- 1 kg Chicken joint
- 1 large onion
- Medium size chunk of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dry coriander powder
- 400 grams curd
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a food processor add onion, garlic and ginger. Blend all the ingredients into a fine paste.
- Now add curd, red chilli powder, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder and pepper powder to the paste and stir it to form the marinate base.
- Place the chicken in the marinate base for 15 minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker with some water and lay the chicken. Put on the lid and pressure cook the chicken till the first whistle.
- Remove it from heat and let the chicken cook in its steam for a few minutes.
- While chicken is still in the pressure cooker, heat coconut oil in a wok.
- Finally add the semi cooked chicken to the wok and roast on high heat till it turns brown well.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, black pepper
, red chilli
, cumin seeds
, coriander powder
, coconut oil