Recipe Servings: 4
Aditya sets up his kitchen and cooks a Ghazipur style chokha, to which he adds his own special twist! Charred brinjals cooked with tomatoes, mashed potatoes, green chillies and onions.
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 3 large tomatoes, charred
- 2 medium brinjals, charred
- 3 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 green chillies
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Smoke out the mustard oil in a heavy bottomed kadai.
- Puree the charred tomatoes, fry this puree in the oil for 5-6 mins till the puree turns a deep red.
- Peel the skin of the brinjal and roughly puree the flesh.
- Add the mashed potatoes and Brinjal puree into the kadai and mix well to combine.
- Into the mixture add the red chili powder, turmeric and salt as per taste and cook out the vegetables on a low flame, stirring constantly.
- Chop the onion and green chillies. Add them into the chokha, mix well and take off the flame
- Finish off with a squeeze of lime, garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot!
Key Ingredients: mustard oil
, red chilli
, green chillies
, coriander leaves