Healthy Patrani Machchi Recipe
A healthy Patra-Ni-Machchi recipe, only with some mustard oil to give flavor. Pomfret wrapped in a tangy marinade and steamed in a banana leaf.
Ingredients of Healthy Patrani Machchi
- 1 fresh pomfret (medium sized)
- Banana leaves
- 4 Tbsp curd
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric
- Some chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mustard oil
- Chilli flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- Half lemon, juice
- Green chillies
How to Make Healthy Patrani Machchi
- Mix all the ingredients to make the marinade for the fish.
- Coat the fish properly with the marinade mixture. Let it rest for about 10 minutes, so that the flavors assimilate well.
- Wrap the fish nicely in a banana leave and tie it up.
- Place it in the steamer and let it steam gently for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Once done garnish with lime wedges, coriander and green chillies.
Key Ingredients: Pomfret
, mustard oil
, lemon juice
, coriander leaves
, Green chillies