Recipe of Pan Haggerty
Recipe Servings: 4
Pan Haggerty - the classic British food with potatoes, onions and cheese, baked perfect.
- 450 gm potatoes, peeled
- 110 gm cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 onions, sliced
- 25 gm butter
- 1 Tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
How to Make Pan Haggerty
- Thinly slice the potatoes around 2cm thick.
- Heat a large frying pan that possesses a lid.
- Add the oil followed by the butter.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place layers of the potatoes, onions and cheese, reserving a little of the cheese.
- Cover and cook gently for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes and onions are cooked.
- Pre-heat the grill five minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top of the mixture, place under grill until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve hot with Chicken Crumble.