Recipe of Paneer Love Bites
Recipe Servings: 3
Cubes of cottage cheese with spring onions, cumin, red chilli and soy sauce. Perfect as a starter for a get together.
- 4 Tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 500 g paneer cheese, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 green chilies, stalks removed, seeded and cut lengthways
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 spring onions, sliced, for garnish
How to Make Paneer Love Bites
- Heat the oil in wok or large frying pan, then put it in the coriander and cumin seeds.
- Allow them to sizzle and pop for a few moments.
- Stir in the cheese and fry for a couple of minutes until its edges begin to brown.
- Add the garlic, green chilies and salt and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle in the chili powder and soy sauce, and stir, then take the pan off the heat.
- Insert one cube in each toothpick.
- Scatter over the spring onions and serve with cumin ketchup.