Pets-de-soeur or Teacher's Pet Dessert Recipe
Recipe Servings: 5
Simple ingredients like flour, butter and milk come together to make this exotic dessert topped with some vanilla sauce.
Ingredients of Pets-de-soeur or Teacher's Pet Dessert
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup shortening / margarine
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 knob of butter
How to Make Pets-de-soeur or Teacher's Pet Dessert
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the shortening / margarine and combine into a crumbly mixture.
- Now add the milk in small quantities and keep kneading until the dough is the texture of pie crust dough.
- Then, roll out the dough flat into a square/ rectangle, till its 1/4 inch thick.
- Lightly spread butter or margarine and evenly sprinkle brown sugar till its covered.
- Roll up the dough tightly into a log shape and slice into 1 inch thick pieces / rolls.
- Then, for the sauce, add hot water, 1 cup of brown sugar and the vanilla extract in a pan. Mix until the butter is melted.
- In the same pan, place the rolls in the sauce and cook them in an oven at 400 degree celsius for 30 minutes.
- Serve the pets-de-soeur hot.
Key Ingredients: Butter
, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla, Vanilla Essence
, all purpose flour
, baking powder
, brown sugar