Recipe Servings: 2
One of the most popular starters from the 70's, this prawn cocktail is easy and quick to make. Served on a bed of iceberg lettuce with thousand island dressing.
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- Few medium sized prawns
For 1000 Islands Dressing:
- 1/2-1 cup mayonnaise
- Some tabasco sauce
- Some salt and pepper
- Put the pan on heat and add some olive oil , salt and pepper.
- Fry the prawns for about 2 minutes until golden color.
- For the dressing take some mayonnaise and add Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste.
In a cocktail glass, layer some lettuce at the bottom of the glass, add a little dressing and top it put with 1 prawn.
- Repeat the process till the glass is full and on top put 3-4 Prawns.
- To Serve: Serve in a cocktail glass and cold.