Red Onion Galettes Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Lively onion mixture, tomato paste, seasoning and oils spread on pastry rolls and baked crisp.
Ingredients of Red Onion Galettes
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 500 gm red onions-sliced
- 2 Tbsp mixed herbs-chopped
- 1 garlic clove-crushed
- 1 Tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 225 gm ready made puff pastry
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thyme sprigs to garnish
How to Make Red Onion Galettes
- Heat 2 table spoon oil in a frying pan and add the onions and the garlic.
- Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes till they turn soft. Stir in the herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
- Divide the pastry into four and roll out each of them into a 15cm/6 inches round.
- Flute the edges and prick it all over with a fork and place on baking sheets.
- Chill the rounds on the baking sheets in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the remainder of the olive oil with the tomato paste and spread over the pastry rounds.
- Spread the onion mixture over the pastry and season with pepper.
- Drizzle over a little oil and then place them on the baking sheets in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, till they turn crisp.
- Serve garnished with thyme sprigs.