Recipe of Spicy Wisey Carrots
Recipe Servings: 4
Carrots with an added punch. Cooked with rich flavours, perfect as it is or as an accompaniment.
- 2 medium sized carrots, par boiled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup spring onions
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1 big pinch ginger powder
- 1 big pinch clove powder
- 1 big pinch cardamom powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 10 gms jaggery
- 2 tsp coriander leaves fresh
- 1/3 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 Tbsp chopped spring onion greens
How to Make Spicy Wisey Carrots
- Cut the carrots into medium sized batons.
- Blanch for 5 minutes in salted water. Drain and cool.
- Temper the jeera, fennel seeds and green chilies in a pan of hot oil.
- Heat up a little olive oil and sweat the spring onions, spring onion greens, green chilies and
the carrots and saute for a minute.
- Add the ginger, clove, cardamom, red chilli powder.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the jaggery and deglaze with apple cider vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl.
- Garnish with freshly grated coconut and fresh coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: carrot
, olive oil
, spring onion
, green chillies
, green cardamom
, red chilli
, coriander leaves
, desiccated coconut
, cumin seeds
, black pepper