Steamed Palak Vada
Recipe Servings: 3
Healthy vadas with the goodness of atta, besan, suji and spinach. And guess what? They are not fried, they are steamed.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups atta/ whole wheat flour
- 1 cup besan/ gram flour
- 1 cup suji/ semolina
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 turmeric powder
- 1 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely cut spinach
1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cream or you can use water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda/ soda bi carbonate
- Water, to knead it
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to it.
- Knead them together with water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Make tight round balls.
- Flatten them and make a deep impression with your thumb in between the vada.
- Grease a steam tin with very little oil and place the vadas.
- Steam the vadas for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Whole wheat flour
, gram flour
, black pepper
, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, cumin seeds
, olive oil
, lemon juice
, baking soda