Recipe Servings: 4
A classic Indian tea time snack, only this time its sweet. Kachoris stuffed with khoya and dry fruits, this recipe is absolutely irresistible.
- 250 gm flour
- 1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- Water for kneading
- Oil for deep frying
- 150 gm khoya
- 100 gm castor sugar
- 100 gm chopped dried fruits
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom seeds
- 250 gm sugar
- 250 ml water
- 1/2 tsp saffron strands - soaked in 1 tbsp water
- Sieve the flour and besan into a bowl.
- Rub ghee into the flour with fingertips.
- Bind with water.
- Knead well until dough is smooth.
- Cover and chill for fifteen minutes.
- Mix all filling ingredients together.
For the syrup:
- Dissolve the sugar in the water. Boil for five minutes.
- Stir in saffron and liquid.
- Roll out dough into flat discs about 4" in diameter.
- Place a tsp if filling in the centre.
- Seal the dough.
- Fry kachoris over a slow flame in hot oil.
- When golden, drain.
- Break the top of the kachories and pour in 1 tbsp saffron syrup before serving.