Recipe of Twice Cooked Potatoes
Recipe Servings: 4
Potatoes and the sweet potatoes tossed in a savoury mix of seasoning, baked crisp and served with hummus.
- 2 big potatoes, boiled with skin
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, boiled
- 1 pinch of zaatar powder
- 1 pinch of smoked paprika
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 pinch of cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
For the Black Hummus:
- 1 cup of cooked black channa
- 1 clove of garlic, bashed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of hung yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
How to Make Twice Cooked Potatoes
- Slice the potatoes and the sweet potatoes into wedges.
- Arrange them on a tray and season with salt.
- In a bowl, mix together, olive oil, zataar spice, cumin powder, thyme, rosemary, smoked paprika and salt and cracked black pepper.
- Pour this marinade over the potatoes in the tray and mix well.
- Bake the marinated potatoes in a pre heated oven for 10 minutes at 250 C.
- Next, blend together all the ingredients of the hummus to have a thick luscious paste.
- Garnish the hummus with olive oil and cooked black channa.
- Serve the hummus with the twice cooked potatoes and lavache bread sticks.
Key Ingredients: Potatoes
, cumin seeds
, black pepper
, olive oil
, Whole Bengal Gram
, hung curd