Veg Khara Bhath Recipe
Recipe Servings: 6
A mildly spiced, light snack with bread slices, urad dal, channa dal and veggies.
Ingredients of Veg Khara Bhath
- 6-7 slices bread (one day old)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger (sliced)
- 3 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup potato (boiled and cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup carrot (boiled and cut cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup green peas (boiled)
- 1/2 cup whisked yogurt
- 1 tsp lime juice
How to Make Veg Khara Bhath
- In a pan add oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal.
- Toast the spices and dal till they turn brown and crisp.
- Then add chopped onion to it.
- Let it get light brown on a gentle simmer and then add sliced ginger, chopped green chilies.
- Stir it up.
- Now add the powdered masalas, add red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder.
- Sprinkle little water to bhuno the masala and keep stirring till the oil begins to surface.
- Then add boiled potato and fry it a bit.
- Now add the carrots along with some salt. Toss it around.
- After that add boiled green peas. Mix well.
- Cut the bread in cubes and add it to vegetables. Fry it up all together.
- You do not need to cook the veggies for long and they are already boiled.
- The bread will soften and disintegrate.
- Add the whisked (to prevent curdling) yogurt to the vegetables and mix well till cooked.
- In the end add a dash of lime juice.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: lemon juice
, bengal gram (split)
, green peas
, vegetable oil
, coriander powder
, chilli powder, green chillies
, red chilli
, mustard seeds
, cumin seeds
, black gram