Warm Carrot Mousse
A warm and savory carrot mousse served with a tangy orange sauce. A delicate medley of flavors.
- 300 gm peeled sliced carrots
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml cream
For the Sauce:
- 200 ml orange juice
- 1/2 tsp dried mint salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp shredded spring onions
- Soften the carrots in oil about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, seasoning and spice.
- Cook until soft and then blend.
- Then pour in the cream and eggs.
- Spoon mousse into small pieces of plastic cling wrap.
- Poach in boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and unwrap.
- Serve with orange sauce.
To prepare the sauce:
- Reduce orange juice by half over a moderate flame.
- Add mint and season.
- Serve with mousse, garnished with spring onions.