Wasabi Aloo Tikki
The best cuisines in the world are based on two elements: nature and harmony. Rustle up this fusion 'Wasabi Aloo Tikki' by marrying Japanese and Indian flavors.
- For the aloo tikkis:
- Half aubergine, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- 5 potatoes, boiled
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp wasabi
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (Here Japanese rice breadcrumbs have been used but you can use regular breadcrumbs too)
For the sweet chilly sauce:
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 chopped red chilli
- Marinate the aubergine slices in some olive oil, salt pepper and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 140 degrees.
- Make a slight incision in both the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for only 15 seconds. Once done, place them in some ice cold water.
- Peel the skin of the tomatoes and slice them.
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt pepper over the tomatoes and bake for about 5-7 minutes at 140 degrees.
- Mash the potatoes. Add salt, pepper, butter and wasabi to it. Mix all together.
- Mix in the egg to the mashed potatoes. Reserve some of the beaten egg to caot the tikkis later.
- Make round tikkis (flattened round balls) with the potatoes.
- Brush the tikkis with some egg (you reserved earlier) and then wrap these tikkis in the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the tikkis in oil till golden brown.
- Once done wrap them with the baked aubergine slices and place the tomatoes over it.
- You can serve this with a sweet chilli sauce.
Key Ingredients: eggplant
, olive all, eggs, potatoes
, Olive oil
, black pepper
, green chillies
, fish sauce
, lemon juice
, green chilly, red chilli