Mushroom Bread Butter Pudding
Recipe Servings: 4
A creamy and cheesy savory pudding with a baguette, butter and loads of mushrooms. A delight for the mushroom lovers this recipe won't disappoint you.
- French baguette (2 day old bread if possible) - 4 to 5 slices
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp wild mushrooms, sliced (hydrated in hot water)
- 1 cup mushroom stock
- 1 Tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 40 gms gruyere cheese, grated
- 15 - 20 gms parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp bread crumbs
- 3 leaves of basil
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly saute the spring onions along with the button mushrooms and wild mushrooms in olive oil for a minute on a medium flame.
- Add the mushroom stock and cream to the sauteing mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 6 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and reduced to half.
- Grate about 20 gms of gruyere cheese into the mushroom sauce and stir well.
- Spoon little bit of mushroom sauce into the baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Then place 3-4 thick slices of baguette bread, again spoon more sauce over it and top it up with grated Gruyere cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Make as many layers that fit in your baking tray.
- Drizzle the melted butter and bread crumbs all over and bake in a pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees C until the surface is golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped chives and torn basil leaves.
- Serve hot, fresh out of the oven.
Key Ingredients: Mushroom
, spring onion
, olive oil
, black pepper
, gruyere cheese
, parmesan cheese