Panasa Thonalu Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Panasa Thonalu (Flower kaajas) is a traditional Andhra sweet that is easy to make, good to look at and absolutely delicious.
Ingredients of Panasa Thonalu
- 2-3 cups refined flour
- 5-6 tsp ghee(clarified butter)
- 1 tsp cardamom, seeds
- 1 cup of water
- A pinch of salt
- 500 ml cooking oil
- 4-5 Tbsp jaggery, powdered
How to Make Panasa Thonalu
- In a mixing bowl add the refined flour, salt, cardamom seeds and ghee. Knead it into a smooth dough
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 20-30 minutes
- Divide the dough into small balls. Dust the dough and roll them into small thin disc of about 4-5 inch diameter.
- Using the knife, leaving half inch intact, make long insertions, vertically towards the end, leaving the edges untouched.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the kaajas until they expend and are a crisp golden brown colour
- Place them on kitchen paper to remove the excess oil and sprinkle the jaggery while they are hot.
- In a bowl toss the kaajas and the jaggery until it mixes well.
- Plate the kaajas on a banana leaf and sprinkle some more jaggery.
- Serve hot.