Recipe of Red Hot Chilli Fish Curry
Recipe Servings: 3
Spicy food lovers dig in this red hot chili fish curry recipe. Made in coconut oil with kokum and curry leaves this fish curry is served with boiled rice.
- 1 kg fish
- 8 pieces of kokum
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of fenugreek seeds
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp shredded ginger
- 2 Tbsp chilli powder dissolved in very little water
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic
How to Make Red Hot Chilli Fish Curry
- Heat coconut oil in a manchatti, add mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- As they splutter add onions and saute the onions till they turn golden brown. Then add finely sliced garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli water to the sauteed onions and continue to cook till the oil separates from water.
- Now add water, kokum, fish, curry leaves, salt and garlic to make the curry.
- Bring the curry to a boil and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes till the fish is tender.
- To Serve: Serve the fish curry with boiled rice.