Regatta Chilli Pasta Recipe
Recipe Servings: 3
A delicious pasta dish with the flavors of tomato, garlic, mushrooms and black pepper. Serve it piping hot topped with cheddar or Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients of Regatta Chilli Pasta
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs or dried oregano
- 275 g pasta penne
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan or cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
How to Make Regatta Chilli Pasta
- Heat a pan or a kadai and add the oil.
- Tip in the onion, chillies and garlic and fry for 5-7 minutes until the mixture is golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms, black pepper and salt and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes and the sugar and reduce the mixture until it becomes quite thick.
- Finally throw in the mixed herbs or oregano and give it a good mix.
- Set aside and cook the pasta in 200 ml of boiling water. Drain and mix with the sauce.
- Finally, if using, sprinkle over the cheese and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: olive oil
, green chillies
, black pepper
, cheddar cheese