Pulao is a dish consisting of rice and a mixture of either lentils or vegetables, mainly peas, potatoes, carrots and beans, and also meats, such as chicken and mutton. Also the preparation keeps changing with every border we cross in India. While people in Maharashtra like to add peanuts, down South we can often see the inclusion of coconut and curry leaves. It is usually served on special occasions like wedding functions but also consumed on a regular day.
Corn PulaoServes: 2
Time: 20 minutesIngredients
250 gm of basmati rice
80 gm of American corn kernels
2 tsp of olive oil
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
1 tsp of salt
4 green chillies
5 gm of cumin seed
1 bay leaf
½ tsp of pepper corn
2 cups of hot water
3 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tsp of lime juice
1 bell pepper, chopped and sautéed
1. Rinse basmati rice and soak it in water for at least 15-20 minutes.
2. Grind coconut, green chilli, coriander leaves to make a fine paste.
3. Take a pan add olive oil.
4. Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf, pepper corn, sliced onion, slit green chillies, ginger garlic paste and grinded paste.
5. Sauté well, and then add Corn kernels.
6. Drain the rice and add it to the pan. Keep string.
7. Add hot water, little salt and cook for 15mins.
8. Once the rice is 3/4th done add lime juice.
9. Finally garnish with sautéed diced red and yellow bell pepper, grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
10. Serve with cucumber flax seed Raita.Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.