Recipe of Paneer Skewers
Recipe Servings: 6
Cottage cheese is gently rubbed with gram flour and yellow chilli powder before it is pan-grilled.
- 250 g paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 Tbsp besan (gram flour)
- 1 lemon
- 3 tsp chilly flakes
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp yellow chilly powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp green coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 12 wooden skewers
How to Make Paneer Skewers
- Cut paneer into batons 3 inches long. Sprinkle salt, half the turmeric, ginger and garlic paste. Keep aside in warm place for half an hour. Drain water and keep aside.
- Heat canola oil and add besan. Cook on very low heat until besan lightly browns. Remove from fire, add turmeric and let cool.
- In besan, squeeze lemon, add salt, chilly flakes, chopped garlic, yellow chilly powder and black pepper.
- Marinate paneer in this marinade, skewer and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat pan and drizzle canola oil; cook paneer on all sides until it browns. Sprinkle chaat masala, chopped coriander and serve hot with fresh salad.
- Chef Kunal Kapur is the Executive Sous- chef at Leela Kempinski,
Gurgaon and is more popularly recognized for being one of the judges for
the highly rated food show MasterChef India with Akshay Kumar.
Key Ingredients: Cottage Cheese
, vegetable oil
, gram flour
, yellow chillies
, black pepper
, coriander leaves