Eves Pudding with Cape Gooseberries Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
A yummy pudding with the goodness of apples, flavors of orange rind and some cape gooseberries.
Ingredients of Eves Pudding with Cape Gooseberries
- 1/2 kg cooking apples
- 250 gm cape gooseberries
- Grated rind 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp grated jaggery
- 150 gm butter
- 150 gm castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 150 gm flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- To serve: Custard / cream
How to Make Eves Pudding with Cape Gooseberries
- Peel, core and slice apples into a buttered oven proof dish. Stir in cape gooseberries.
- Sprinkle with orange rind that has been mixed with jaggery.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in essence and eggs.
- Fold in flour and baking powder.
- Spread sponge mixture over the fruit.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 35-40 minutes until well risen and golden in color.
- Serve hot with custard or cream.
Key Ingredients: cooking apples
, cape gooseberry
, orange rind
, castor sugar
, vanilla essence
, all purpose flour
, baking powder