Green Salad with Pine Nuts and Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Seasonal vegetables and fruits combined with pine nuts to make a healthy salad. Drizzled with a flavorful and light honey-mustard dressing.
Ingredients of Green Salad with Pine Nuts and Honey Mustard Dressing
- For the green salad:
- 100 gms pine nuts
- 1 cucumber (peeled)
- 1 carrot (peeled)
- 1 tomato
- 1 pear
- 1 orange
For the honey mustard dressing:
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp mustard sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Green Salad with Pine Nuts and Honey Mustard Dressing
- For the honey mustard dressing:
- In a bowl mix honey, mustard sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and whisk until the dressing is evenly smooth.
For the green salad:
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan, till they are light brown in color.
- Roughly chop the cucumber, carrot, tomato and keep aside in a bowl.
- Chop pear, orange and keep aside on a plate.
- Pour some honey mustard dressing on both the vegetables and the fruit.
- Transfer the fruits into the bowl containing vegetables.
- Toss the fruits and vegetables together.
- On a separate plate place lettuce and lightly massage it with some dressing.
- Add the tossed fruits and vegetables to the lettuce tossed.
To Serve: Serve with roasted pine nuts and drizzle some of the dressing on top.
Key Ingredients: Pine nuts
, Mustard Seeds
, lemon juice
, olive oil
, black pepper