Cream of Vegetable Soup Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
A recipe brimming with the freshness of vegetables and the delicate flavour of milk.
Ingredients of Cream of Vegetable Soup
- 250 gm mixed vegetables-chopped fine (like carrot, cauliflower, french beans, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp butter/oil
- 2 Tbsp sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 cups stock or water
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp salt
- Cream for garnishing
How to Make Cream of Vegetable Soup
- In a heavy saucepan heat the butter or oil.
- When the butter has melted or the oil is steaming, add the vegetables.
- Turn around a few times, then lower the heat and continue sauteing for about half a minute.
- Add the flour and turn around till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat, and add the stock very gradually, stirring all the time (thus avoiding lumps).
- Add the milk, black pepper and celery salt.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer over low heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cream.
Key Ingredients: carrot
, all purpose flour
, french beans
, black pepper