Recipe of Apple and Walnut Salad (My Yellow Table)
Recipe Servings: 3
Juicy Washington apples are teamed with caramelized walnuts and simple ingredients to create this hearty, healthy salad.
- 3-4 Washington apples
- Bowlful of walnuts
- 15-20 Basil leaves
- 4-5 cups of caster sugar
- Black pepper
- Curry powder
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
How to Make Apple and Walnut Salad (My Yellow Table)
- Cut Washington apples into wedges.
- Heat a pan on low flame, add apples, 2-3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar and 2-3 tbsp caster sugar.
- Cook till apples absorb vinegar and sugar, leave aside to cool.
- Caramelize caster sugar, add walnuts, leave it to cool
- Now, in a bowl add 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar and chopped basil leaves.
- To this, add salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Whisk and add 1/2 tbsp curry powder.
- Finish by crushing caramelized walnuts atop.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Key Ingredients: walnuts
, balsamic vinegar
, olive oil
, pepper, black pepper
, castor sugar
, Washington Apples