Boozy Pears in Spiced Red Wine
Recipe Servings: 3
Pears poached in spiced red wine mixture. Makes for a very elegant dessert.
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 1 bottle of good red wine
- 100 grams sugar
- A small cinnamon stick
- 3 pears, peeled and base removed
- 100 grams butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- To make the spiced wine mixture, add the vanilla seeds and pod, sugar, cinnamon stick, lemon zest, lemon juice and wine into heat proof pan over medium heat.
- Constantly stir so that the sugar does not stick to the pan.
- Bring the syrup to boil and turn to a gentle simmer.
- Add in your pears. Make sure that the pears snugly fit into the pan. Leave them on for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the wine coated pears from the pan and foil them to keep the heat intact.
- Put the wine mixture on medium-low heat and reduce the juices in the pan to half. Turn off the heat and mix in the butter.
- Pour the spiced wine mixture over the pears and serve with cream or ice cream.