Recipe of Chicken Italiano
Recipe Servings: 2
A delightful dish with marinated and pan fried chicken mingled in a creamy sauce with button mushrooms and baby corn.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small cup button mushrooms
- 1 small cup baby corn
- 1 Tbsp maida
- 1 cup vegetable stock or a stock cube
- 1 small cup cream
How to Make Chicken Italiano
- Marinate the chicken in a mixture of 1 Tbsp olive oil, oregano and salt. Coat the chicken well.
- Let the chicken marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the button mushrooms and baby corn.
- Now heat some butter in a pan.
- Place the baby corns and mushrooms into the butter.
- Saute this for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Now add some plain flour.
- Stir vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Add some vegetable stock and some cream and gently stir.
- Heat some olive oil in another pan and fry the marinated chicken on either side for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Once the chicken is brown on the outside place it into the sauce.
- Sprinkle some herbs and serve.