Macaroni Cheese Recipe
Recipe Servings: 3
Mac and cheese is a great comfort food. Macaroni mingled in a milky cheesy sauce, makes for a complete and satisfying meal.
Ingredients of Macaroni Cheese
- 250 gm macaroni pasta
- 40 gm butter
- 40 gm plain flour or maida
- 600 ml milk
- 250 gm grated cheddar
- 50 gm grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Macaroni Cheese
- Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat in a saucepan slightly larger than that used for the macaroni. Add the flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, a little at a time. Cook for 10-15 minutes to a thickened and smooth sauce.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to hot.
- Remove the sauce from the hob, add 175 gm of the cheese and stir until the cheese is well combined and melted.
- Add the macaroni to the sauce and mix well. Transfer to a deep suitably-sized ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheddar and the Parmesan and place the dish under the hot grill.
- Cook until the cheese is browned and bubbling. Serve straightaway.